Sasaki will now be requiring multi-factor authentication when logging in for added security— whether through Okta or VPN, you will be prompted to confirm your identity after entering your username and password.
If you've already set up your phone, please see the instructions for logging in through Okta.
1) Setup the Okta Verify app
The first step is to get the Okta Verify app set up your mobile phone. You will be prompted automatically by Okta when you log in through your browser.
- When you see the screen below, click the Setup button for "Okta Verify".
- Next, select your phone brand.
- Download the app from iTunes or Google Play on your phone as instructed.
- Once installed, launch the app and click the plus symbol to add an account.
- Scan the QR code on your computer screen to link your phone with your account.
- You will see a green check-mark on the computer screen confirming it's all set, and that you can close the app on your phone.
2) Add text messaging as a backup option
- Next, click the Setup button for "SMS Authentication".
- Enter your mobile phone number in the text box and click "Send code".
- Check your phone for the text, then enter the code from the body of the message.
- You will again see a green check mark that text messaging is all set.
- Click Finish to complete the setup process.
Why do I need this?
If you ever switch phones and forget to update your Okta settings, you won't be able to log in using the Okta Verify app. By enabling the text messaging option, you give yourself a backup method without needing to involve IS.
3) Optional: Google Authenticator
- You will see a 3rd option for Google Authenticator-- you can ignore this if you don't know what it is! However, if you already have the app installed for use with other sites, you can use it for MFA with Okta if you prefer. Click the Setup button and follow the prompts to link your Okta account to the app.
Switching Okta Verify to a new phone:
When you get a new phone, you need to update your Okta settings to send the verification prompts to your new device. If you did not setup text messaging as above, or have trouble with the instructions below, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to your Okta homepage at sasaki.okta.com
- Click on your name in the top-right corner and then select Settings.
- You will be asked to re-enter your Okta password. When prompted by Okta Verify, select the drop-down to choose SMS instead to get a text message.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Find the "Extra Verification" section and click "Remove" next to Okta Verify.
- You can then immediately click "Set up" to link your new phone (see steps above if needed).